Thursday, May 20, 2010

When You Reach Me

Title: When You Reach Me
Author: Rebecca Stead
Rating: 8.5

Summary: Miranda and her best friend, Sal, know how to navigate their New York City neighborhood. They know where it's safe to go, and whom to avoid.
But things start to unravel. Sal gets punched by the new kid for what seems like no reason, and he shunts Miranda out of his life. The apartment key that Miranda's mom keeps hidden for emergincies is stolen. And Miranda finds a mysterious not scrawled out on a piece of paper.

As the notes keep coming, Miranda realizes that whoever is leaving them knows all about her. Including things that haven't even happened yet. Each message brings her closer to believing that only she can prevent a tragic death. Until the final note makes her think she's too late.

My Review: I got this book at my school library...it looked kind of intersting. I went through it reallyy fast, mostly because the chapters are short. The story went by smoothly, but around the end it got sort of confusing. ( I dont want to give anything away). It all made sense at the end though. I guess I would reccomend this book if you're in for a quick read.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails